Rhubarb Cake recipe
- 50g Butter / margarine
- 1 tsp lemon rind (optional)
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 stalks rhubarb, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar for topping
- 1 tspn cinnamon for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat butter, rind, sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs until mixed (may curdle).
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, and sour cream in two parts (i.e. mix in one cup of
flour and half the sour cream, then the other half)
- Stir in the rhubarb.
- Pour into 22cm square pan.
- sprinkle extra brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Turn oven down to 160
Cooking time: fan forced: 45 minutes; regular oven: 1 hour.
I find I have to turn the fan off on my oven because it cooks the outside
too quickly but the inside is still liquid.
Use fresh rhubarb; frozen rhubarb just turns into slush and makes the cake
Main index / rhubarb_cake -
© 2015 Paul Wayper - last updated
Thursday 5th November 2015.