Too Busy For Words - the PaulWay Blog

Wed 9th Jul, 2014

New web server, same old content.

Over the last couple of years I've been implementing bits of my website in Django. Those initially started on my home server, and recently I moved them to a test domain on the new server my web host provided. Then they advised me that their old hardware was failing and they'd really like to move my domain off it onto the old one.

So I took backups, and copied files, and wrote new code, and converted old Django 1.2 code which worked in Django 1.4 up to the new standards of Django 1.6. Much of the site has been 404'ing for the last couple of days as I fix problems here and there. It's still work in progress, especially fixing the issues with URL compatibility - trying to make sure URLs that worked in the old site, in one Perl-based CGI system, work in the new site implemented in Django with a changed database structure.

Still, so far so good. My thanks once again to Daniel and Neill at Ace Hosting for their help and support.

Last updated: | path: tech / web | permanent link to this entry


All posts licensed under the CC-BY-NC license. Author Paul Wayper.


Main index / tbfw/ - © 2004-2010 Paul Wayper

Valid HTML5 Valid CSS!